Games affecting KingCo Tourney
- Redmond 3, Issaquah 1 - Junior Zach Abbruzza stymied the Issaquah bats for the second consecutive time, and Redmond scored twice in the top of the seventh inning to break a 1-1 tie and clinch the Crest Division championship with a 3-1 win over Issaquah. Abbruzza outdueled Issaquah ace Shane Yarnell, allowing just three hits and an unearned run while striking out 8. The loss was the first of the season for Yarnell, who didn't allow an earned run in his seven innings of work. T.J. Whidby had two RBI for the Mustangs, who earned the top seed from the Crest Division and will play the #4 seed from the Crown at 7:00 pm on Saturday.
- Woodinville 5, Ballard 3 - The Falcons got three hits each from seniors Jake Dammrose and Connor Jones, clinching a playoff spot with a 5-3 win over Ballard. Senior right hander Luke Taylor worked 5 1/3 strong innings for the win, which even Woodinville's league record at 8-8. Oliver Guarino was 2-for-4 and Brendan Foor drove in 2 runs for the Beavers, who saw their playoff dreams end. Woodinville will enter the KingCo tourney as the #3 or #4 seed, pending the result of the Inglemoor-Lake Washington game tonight, which is scheduled for 8:00 pm at Lee Johnson Field.
Other Tuesday Results
- Newport 15, Eastlake 1 - Newport (11-5) enters the KingCo tourney as the #3 seed from the Crest Division; Eastlake's season ends at 1-15.
- Bothell 8, Roosevelt 0 - Bothell's win gives them six straight, and they will head into the KingCo tournament as perhaps the hottest team in the league. They finish 10-6 and as the Crown's #2 seed, will take on Newport at 4:00 pm on Saturday in the first round on the playoffs. Roosevelt finishes their season at 3-13.
- Garfield 5, Skyline 4 - Skyline's loss did nothing to change their standing, as they enter the KingCo tournament as the #4 seed from the Crest Division at 7-9. Garfield's season ends with a record of 5-11.